Kansas Weatherization Assistance Program
Weatherization improves heating efficiency and saves you money. It increases the comfort of your home, reduces dependence on foreign oil, preserves housing stock and provides safe, affordable housing. Without weatherization, your home will have a hard time holding in heat or air conditioning, making units work harder at maintaining a constant temperature inside your home, costing more money in utilities and maintenance. At NO CHARGE to the client, income eligible families receive a comprehensive home assessment.
Weatherization service may include:
- Weather-stripping and/or caulking around windows and doors
- Cleaning, testing, repairs or replacement of HVAC systems or Furnaces.
- Refrigerator testing and possible replacement
- Adding insulation to walls, ceilings or foundation areas
- Replacing energy efficient light bulbs
- Addressing indoor air quality issues
Eligibility is based on household income relative to federal low-income guidelines. If a household contains a member who receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or LIEAP Utility Assistance benefits, the applicant is automatically eligible for weatherization services. Certain restrictions apply.
How to apply